Yup! its that time of the year again. Time to stuff your face full of candy, and get scared by ghouls and witches and goblins alike! But that’s not all… Its time to dress up crazy and get wild! I’m a black cat this year. Yea yea guys i know, its simple and easy but hey, who doesn’t love kitties! The makeup opportunities for this are endless and cat-eye liner is a must. Never quite able to get that perfect wing? Here’s a video to help you out by my all time favorite beauty guru, Cassandra Bankson! Though this isn’t your everyday type of wing, and this is a bit advanced for a beginner, its still a super cute makeup idea for anyone with who wants to embrace her inner “catwoman” this year 🙂 Go ahead and comment your costume ideas and what you want to be! I’d love to hear from you all. ❤
As you know, homecoming is closing in and most schools have a whole WEEK of spirit days leading up to the big event. For any of you that actually know me, or go to the same school as i do, next Monday is the first spirit day; Red White and Blue. The video im about to link is by one of my my all time FAVORITE youtubers, Cutepolish ❤ Her nail art is super cute and super fun too! so check her out guys!!
So guys, i know i haven’t done this before, but lately Ive been using this really fun app i thought i would share with you! The description from I-Tunes is as follows…
Get the inside scoop from MAKE UP FOR EVER artists on how to create eye-catching make up looks for every occasion. This series of easy to follow, step-by-step tutorials will help you choose your favorite make up look and learn how to apply it like a pro.
The app is super fun and informative but unfortunately the software is experiencing some problems and occasionally the app either wont open, or crashes immediately. Also the videos sadly aren’t working 😦 ill keep you guys up to speed on when the update comes out to hopefully fix all these bugs!
Another super fun app I’ve been into is Beautylish, which gives tutorials etc, on hair, makeup, nails you name it! The description from I-Tunes is as follows…
Get makeup and beauty tips on the go from Beautylish, the popular online destination for makeup artists and beauty enthusiasts.
Unfortunately this as well is having some technical problems 😦 boo hoo all my fav. beauty apps are broken! oh well, ill keep you guys posted on any updates for this one as well. They might not be working great but i still encourage you to check em out, and if you guys know of any fun apps you think id enjoy be sure to comment! Don’t be afraid to talk to me guys, i don’t bite! Ciao for now lovelies ❤
Get lips smooth and soft by rubbing all the dry bits off with a warm CLEAN washcloth before you go to bed. Follow with a coat of hydrating lip balm ( Id suggest EOS. The strawberry is my all time favorite).
Ease into the evening by applying a darker or redder color over your daytime lipstick and blend away!
Your lipstick rubbing off and losing its color and shine throughout the day? To make it last longer, let the color sit for a few minutes after applying, blot with a tissue, dust with a powder, and apply one more coat.
Cheeks feeling flushed? Put on a bold color lipstick, neutral tones will only make pink cheeks stand out.
For an easy to apply lipliner, warm it up first by pinching it between clean fingers for a few seconds. After that, it should glide on easily.
Your lipstick bleeding? Pat a thin layer of concealer around your lips to keep that color where it belongs.
Smile when you put on your lipstick or gloss, its the best way to ensure full coverage, corners included!
Need soft lips? Combine honey, sugar, and a dab of Vaseleine and rub on your lips to exfoliate and clean off those flaky dry bits. Theres a plus to this one! Its edible and it even tastes good! 😉
1. DRINK WATER! i know it might not seem like much but trust me. Water helps. It doesn’t just help, your acne, it helps to give an all over glow. Water works magic for your skin and its just good for you in general.
2. GO WASH YOUR FACE. Yea im talking to you. right now! And rinse it in cold water. i know, its a common tip but trust me, the more you wash, the cleaner you get, and the cold water will help to close your pores, making your skin appear smoother and flawless. Try at least once a day.
3. EXFOLIATE. Exfoliation really does wonders. While facewash can only get so deep in your skin, exfoliators really help to open your pores and flush out all the impurities hiding inside your skin.
4. GO MAKE A FACE MASK. Yes go make a face mask. A natural one at that. You dont even need to use it right now just go whip one up and put it in the fridge. By having one handy and made, youll be more motivated to use it in the nearby future. theyre easy and fun to use, especially if you have friends around to do it with you.
5. TAKE OFF YOUR MAKEUP WHEN YOU DONT NEED IT ON. are you sitting at home right now? bored off your rocker with makeup on? Go get out that oil free makeup remover and clean it all off. Yes all of it. Makeup clogs your pores, its a simple fact. The more clogged your pores get, the more impurities your makeup is holding in. If you really dont need the makeup on, get rid of it.
6. CHANGE YOUR PILLOW CASES. yea i know it sounds cheesy but think about it. if your sleeping on the same pillow everynight, all the face oils and impurities from your face, are rubbing off onto your pillow which you are then pushing your cheek against for a good 8 hours. every night you repeat this process, basically basking your face in past filth. And don’t even get me started on all the hair products your pillows implore! Just go change it. Yes now.
I know its not the easiest thing to deal with, acne, and these tips are just simple ideas, They wont rid you of your acne completely but they will help your skin to become healthier, and in the long run, will help to clear up your skin. Alright alright, i know i’m being a bit of a hypocrite, and i rarely practice what i preach but i know i should and so should you! Sometimes its the littlest things that make the biggest difference
Not so happy 911 everyone. stay safe
If you, like me, have blue eyes and you don’t know what to do with them, fear not! blue eyes are one of the most coveted colors in the world, and its easy to make them stand out. Though theres many things you can try, this post will be all about the eyeshadow colors that will help you make the best of your baby blues.
Now i know what your thinking, orange? Never will i ever wear anything that bright on my eyelids, it so unflattering! There you would be wrong. Orange hues are some of the best to bring out the blue in your eyes. Orange is the opposite of blue on the color wheel which will really make them stand out. But don’t worry, you don’t need to use neon oranges to help those babies pop, try something softer like: Peach, Coral, Copper, Bronze, Rust, and Gold
Yea, this ones pretty much a given. Have you ever worn a blue shirt and got compliments on your eyes? This works pretty much the same way. Try some ocean hues like: Pale to medium blue, Pale pink shades, Violet, Purple, Deep or midnight blue, and Turquoise
Blue eyes don’t always need something bright to make them pop, sometimes even just something soft and light and really bring out those jewels. Try: White shadow, Grey shades, Khaki colored shadow, Chocolate brown, and Camel shadow
Hello fellow internet addicts welcome to my blog. I know it isn’t much but hey! Every bored teen needs something to do in their spare time 🙂 If your reading this then congratulations! I do hope your here to stay! If your really here for good then I’m assuming you’ll want to know what this blog is about. Basically i post every few days about beauty and overall wellness (makeup, healthy skin, fun exercises, at home facials etc.) I hope to be helpful to all of you in one way or another, and please don’t be shy! feel free to leave comments or feedback to help me help all of you. Do come again, hopefully by next time ill have some tips up and running. Your welcome any time. Ciao! ~ Haley