It seems like so long ago since i had the perfect skin of a seven year old. Ahhhh to remember that flawless look. If there was anything i could tell myself before that first dreaded zit, heres what it would be.
- Bacteria is not the only cause of acne! Alot of it, has to do with oils. Bacteria cant survive without the oils on our skin. If you have a choice between anti-bacterial, and something to help clear your pores of the oil, go with the oil helper! You get rid of the oil, you get rid of the majority of the bacteria and you might even get rid of some acne!
- Dont be afraid to break out! I remember when i first got acne, i’d try out a new product. In most cases, a few days later, i was breaking out. I always freaked, and threw it away stating simply “it doesn’t work.” Long story short, your skin needs to purge. Click here to see why some breakouts are a good sign!
- Just because you dont have acne, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wash your face. Not only could i have cleaned off the makeup, or dirt, or whatever else i managed to get on myself that day, but i might have been able to partially prevent any future acne.
- You are what you eat. Though not everyones bodys and skin acts the same, i know when i eat high fatty or oily or sugary foods, not only do i feel gross, but so does my skin.
- Even non-comidogenic makeup can cause acne! I thought i was so smart, buying non-comidogenic makeup, thinking i could leave it on for as long as i wanted and still be acne free! Fact is, our skin needs to breathe, and no matter what kind of makeup you wear, it clogs our pores.
- Dont fuss when mom slathers that sticky sunscreen on you! This ones just a given… you’ll protect yourself from dark spots and discoloration but also from harmful uv rays.
So guys, if you could go back in time and talk to a younger you, what would you tell him or her? It doesn’t need to be about acne but what would you want to make sure you knew? Leave it in the comments below, i love hearing from you all ❤ ciao for now!!